Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Deal...or No Deal.

People are so wonderful. Seriously. In the past few days I have been mentioned in two blogs: Painted Fish Studio and The Charm School Dropout. The best part is, I definitely admire both artists. I am an avid reader of their blogs as well. So much talent. I don't even think I have done anything noteworthy lately, but I am very much appreciative for having been noticed. It's nice to have people on your side. Great talented people, especially. The best kind, in my opinion.

One more thing before I leave.



Last night's episode of the game show
Deal or No Deal (And no, this is not a guilty pleasure of mine. Ha.) was shot in the Philippines. I am not sure if this was mentioned before, but I have traveled over to the Philippines six times. Mostly because it is the place in which my mother's side of the family resides. I absolutely love it there. It always pains me to leave. I am usually the one hysterically sobbing on the plane. My poor mother.

So you can imagine my excitement when I saw
Deal or No Deal's host, Howie Mandel, surrounded by a Filipino audience. Lots of dancing was involved because Filipinos just love to celebrate any small accomplishment, like getting that much closer to the million dollars. How did this Filipino dance gene manage to skip me? Dancing is definitely not one of my talents. Oh no. I can't even think about it, it's much too shameful.

Anyway, I felt some Filipino pride last night as I hopped between the channels of
Deal or No Deal and...Dancing with the Stars. *cough*

6 comments:

/// said...

I just read your feature over at Painted Fish Studio--- welcome to the blog community! You have amazing talent. :)

/// said...

Thanks re: the blog header. I wish I could take credit for it, but I don't have an illustrative bone in my body!

It's a Rebecca Horwood original commission--- she's a dear. :)

Marie Louise said...

Just discovered your blog - I love your art! I'll be checking back!

femputer said...

I've never seen this "Deal or No Deal." It looks like a very briefcases with numbers on them sort of affair. :)

Margins. said...

Thank you all for your pleasant comments! Now I have blogs new to me to wander over to! Excellent.

Femputer: Yes, it is a briefcase affair! Ha. You don't watch enough junky television. I pretty much envy you. Ha.

Unknown said...

i just read your features!~ yeah! i loved learning a bit more through the eyes of others. (and i have a weird fascination with the deal or no deal, just can't seem to turn it off no matter how irritated with it i become--i think i'm a bit of a secret game show junkie...but how cool to see the Philippines on tv!).